WHAT TO EXPECT
- 1-2 night hospital stay
- Return to work within 7-10 days.
- Liquid diet starts after surgery, and is slowly progressed to solid diet over few weeks.
- Excellent weight loss, which is generally greater than most of the other procedures.
- Excellent long-term weight maintenance.
- has been around for 50 years and still considered the Gold Standard for weight loss surgery.
- Best treatment of Diabetes. Most people get off their medications altogether.
- Great for treatment of high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and other obesity related illnesses.
APPROXIMATE WEIGHT LOSS
Gastric Bypass is the next surgery up from the Gastric Sleeve, and is offered to heavier patients or those with significant medical illnesses and severe Diabetes. One can expect to lose 70-200 lbs. depending on starting weight. This is a large range, and that's because it depends on the initial weight of the patient. The heavier the person, generally the greater the amount they lose.
- Gastric Bypass is often covered by insurance.
- We have the Lowest Self-Pay fees in the North East.