Gastric Bypass is a procedure where a portion of the stomach is sectioned off, creating a small stomach pouch about the size of an egg. This stomach pouch is directly attached to your intestine so food bypasses the larger stomach. This small stomach pouch causes the feeling of fullness after just a few bites of food, and eating a lot less is where a majority of your weight loss comes from. Additionally, 5 feet of small intestine is bypassed which helps with greater weight loss. This procedure is performed laparoscopically using tiny skin incisions in the abdomen. This offers smaller scars and a quicker recovery time.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 1-2 night hospital stay
- Return to work within 7-10 days.
- Liquid diet starts after surgery, and is slowly progressed to solid diet over few weeks.
- Excellent weight loss, which is generally greater than most of the other procedures.
- Excellent long-term weight maintenance.
- Best treatment of Diabetes. Most people get off their medications altogether.
- Great for treatment of high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and other obesity related illnesses.
APPROXIMATE WEIGHT LOSS
Gastric Bypass is the next surgery up from the Gastric Sleeve, and is offered to heavier patients or those with significant medical illnesses and severe Diabetes. One can expect to lose 70-180 lbs. depending on starting weight.
- Gastric Bypass is often covered by insurance with minimal or no cost to the patient.
- Self pay fee (If not using insurance): 20-24k
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
"Dr. Mehta & his staff are awesome!! They treat you like a person, not a patient. Getting my initial appointment was easy, & my surgery was scheduled in 6 weeks. All of my questions continue to be answered fully. The most impressive thing is that Dr. Mehta calls you back instantly 24/7. Lulu, the office manager, is absolutely wonderful too – she always has the answers & the support you need. I highly recommend Dr. Mehta & his office."
- Gerard M. (Lost 139 lbs.)
Schedule a one to one consultation with Dr. Mehta. While internet is the easiest and fastest way to gather general information, it's no substitute for a one to one consultation with Dr. Mehta who can take everything about you into account, including: your age, sex, medical & surgical history, medical co-morbidities, overall weight loss goals, expectations from surgery....etc. Processing all this information and relying on experience of thousands of patients and up to date knowledge allows Dr. Mehta to give you sound advice of the best option for YOU, specifically. This is different than going to a pre-designed power-point seminar where everything is generalized for the audience.